Monday, June 21, 2010

New Photo Project Idea - Song of the Week

Since I started following the photo blog 2 Things Challenge, I have been trying to get out more and take more and better pictures. I feel I am still learning, with no formal training mind you, and want to continue to do so. Projects like 2 Things force me to think outside a comfort zone and put meaning behind a photograph.

Now that I have a little more desire, I have decided to start a new project of my own. Like 2 Things, I will have a weekly subject to photograph. However, rather than two words as the subject, I have decided to use music. At first, I was envisioning using my iPod to determine the song for the week, but I felt I would "cheat" at some point if I did not have any inspiration or did not like the song. So, I am turning to Minnesota Public Radio for inspiration.

Every Monday at 10 am, 89.3 The Current plays their song of the day. I will use Monday's song from that week and have a photo on this blog by 10 am the following Monday. If any followers would like to join me, I would love to see some of your interpretations.

No comments:

Post a Comment