Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend in Perham

While my dad's retirement house is being built, he is renting a home in Perham, MN.  Here are a few photos from the weekend.


Front of house

View of lake

View of lake

View of lake

Back of house

View from living room through picture window

Hay bails
There is a great barn just outside of Perham.  I developed it a few different ways and I can't figure out which way I like it best.
Cropped with wires taken out

Old paper effect from Photoshop

Background turned black and white with barn still colored

4 comments:

  1. Awesome pics!!! It looks like an ideal place to spend retirement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish I had a view like that.
    I like the first barn best, and then the old paper effect. Sometimes the blotch of color in a B&W image really pops it for me, but not so much in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the critique on the barn photo Eeyore. I have done this with a couple of photos and it seems to have worked well. I agree that this seems like a bit too overpowering in the photo.

    FYI - I did not get the Star\Vegetable challenge done. Thanks for waiting for me, but I let you down. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem. Catch you in a couple of weeks maybe.

    ReplyDelete