This past week, I photographed the two-day Blaine Safety Camp. The camp is for kids going into fourth grade and teaches them about being safe around fire, electricity, the internet, and many other things. It is a fun event for the kids, and even some of us adults. It also affords me an opportunity to work on my 2 Things Challenge.
Connexus Energy brings out their demonstration trailer to show the kids the dangers of electricity. One of the more stunning displays involves one of the presenters intentionally putting a CRACK in a lineman's glove and then putting a hot dog at the end of their stick, in the glove, to simulate a finger. After the glove pulls away from the power line, the ensuing arc makes the inside of the glove so HOT, it burns the hot dog inside and out.