Sunday, July 8, 2012

2 Things Challenge Home/Image

A little over a year ago, my father retired from his job at Anoka County and began an 8 month journey to creating his retirement house on Third Silver Lake in Minnesota.  He officially moved in after Christmas 2011 and had all of the landscaping finished in the past month or so.  He has created more than a cabin, it is truly a HOME in every sense of the word.  It is comfortable, beautiful, and a place I am in love with.

A couple weeks ago, while sitting around a late-night fire, I was playing with some long exposure settings and captured this IMAGE.  This weeks 2 Things Challenge was Home/Image, so this seemed like an apt entry.  You may see more of these as time goes on, but that is only because I photograph things I care deeply about.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous place. I love the light and dark contrast--the sky is midnight blue and the light on the wood looks warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place. Nice interpretation, and thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete